1 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
1 Large Egg, beaten
3/4 cup yogurt
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup honey or pure maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup organic blueberries, frozen or fresh
1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the muffin pan wells with cooking spray or grease with oil. (or use paper or silicone muffin liners). Set pan aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
3. In another bowl, whisk together egg, yogurt, milk, syrup, and vanilla.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
5. Gently fold in blueberries and pecans.
6. Divide the batter among the 12 muffin wells.
7. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until muffin centers are firm to the touch. Allow the muffins to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
After muffins have cooled completely, transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Pro tip: Use whatever berries you have on hand or what sounds good to you! This recipe is perfect for weekend meal preps and is freezer-friendly.